SPCA International has been overwhelmed by applications since the Operation Military Pets program was launched in March 2013, we are proud to have been able to assist over 800 families. Due to the amount of applications we receive it can take 2-3 months from submission to grant processing. Please submit your application at your earliest convenience. We are making every effort to address all applications as quickly and efficiently as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
BEFORE YOU APPLY:
Thank you for your interest in SPCA International's Operation Military Pets (OMP) program. Before you request animal relocation assistance, please consider the following:
- This program is designed to help only members of the military that have exhausted all options for paying to relocate their pets. If the program is abused, then it could mean military families that genuinely need help will not receive a grant.
- Please apply within 3 months of your animal's travel date, but no earlier.
- If applying after your animal's travel date then you must submit your application within 30 days of your animal's arrival at your new location.
- You must obtain a quote from the airline for the cost of flying your animals before submitting this application. Transportation costs must be over $400 per animal for domestic travel in the contiguous U.S. and $500 for all other destinations in order to qualify for a grant.
- You are required to submit 6 photos of your family and pets at the end of this application. At least one must include your service member in uniform.
- Grant amounts are determined based on need and funds available, up to $1,000 per family.
- SPCA International distributes up to $15,000 in grants each month.
- Families are only eligible for OMP financial aid once every 3 years.
- You will be notified be email. Please be sure to check your spam or junk folder.
- Every effort will be made to update you on your application status within three weeks of submission. It may take longer though depending on the volume of applications being processed. Thank you for your patience.